Interface.rsc Issues.

needarideyo

So I just went and re-did the entire Interface.rsc in Photoshop, saved it as a PNG and then opened that PNG in Paint.

Selected the entire PNG and copied it, then pasted it on top of the original interface and saved the RSC.

Loaded up Ody.exe, and my interface is still the old one. What gives?

krum

did you save it as interface.rsc and delete the old one, if you did then I am not sure why it didn't work.

needarideyo

krum said:
did you save it as interface.rsc and delete the old one, if you did then I am not sure why it didn't work.

I opened the original interface.rsc and pasted my modified interface ontop of the old one, and saved it.

I did the same thing for the Empty/HP/Mana/Energy stat bars and they work just fine.

Alpha

In the source code, the frmMain form's background image was set to the original Interface.RSC.

The only way you'll be able to edit the interface is if Mycal releases an update that makes frmMain load the Interface.RSC upon FormLoad, instead of having it pre-set in the Properties Window.

The reason for this is probably because there is a lot to an Interface bitmap image, and loading it on startup could cause it to be slow, which isn't much of a problem for smaller images, such as the Stat Bars.

[ Post made via iPod ]
iPod.png