Dev Update - August 20, 2012

Mycal

Staff member
Egh, I don't know what happened to the previous couple of posts, maybe I never finished it, maybe I just imagined posting it while I was sick, I don't know. But 1 month to the day of the last post here's a small update.

Here are the things I've worked on or finished over the last month.
- Sockets: game, query, and rcon. One of the posts I thought I had posted went into detail on query and rcon, so I'm going to try and find it first before I wall of text this post.
- Backend: login service, new registry, database changes, and game logic. Same story as previous with the login service and registry. Database and game logic are always evolving as I port more code. I would rather increase performance and make many calculations more generic and more readable as I go than just leave it as is. One of Odyssey's biggest problems, code wise, is that it uses a lot of obscure logic that is very hard to make sense of. It is also completely unnecessary, but that's what happens with code as old as this.
- Not development, but design, I've thought and planned a lot of new logic for many things. Mostly dealing with security, sessions and authentication, and bans. I had a post dedicated to this completely, so...

See, I kept it short this time!