list of mains reference guide

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Fishies, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Fishies

Fishies New Member

functions: (if you find that you cannot upload the script, add an "as LONG" after the function's parameters - looking at ATTACKMONSTER and ATTACKPLAYER here)
    COMMAND - runs when a command is inputted; Main = Stop will stop it from saying "Invalid command."; cannot overwrite hardcoded commands (basically anything listed on /help)
    BROADCAST - runs when a player broadcasts a message; Main = Stop will stop the message from being broadcast to other players' screens
    USEOBJ
    USEOBJ#
    DROPOBJ
    DROPOBJ#
    GETOBJ
    GETOBJ#
    ATTACKPLAYER
    ATTACKMONSTER
    MONSTERATTACK
    PLAYERDIE
    PLAYERKILL
    (doesn't look like we have PLAYERSAY, WALK, PLAYERYELL, EMOTE, etc.)

subs:
    MAP#_X_Y - runs when a player steps onto the S tile at that location
    MONSTERDIE - uploading this script will stop any monster EXP from being given
    MONSTERDIE#
    JOINMAP
    JOINMAP#
    PARTMAP
    PARTMAP#
    JOINGAME
    PARTGAME

there's probably a bunch more I'm forgetting; let me know what I'm missing so I can add it to this list

2. TheCord

TheCord New Member

From the server you can look at a list of scripting events. Although half of them do not work I do recall trying MONSTERSEE and MONSTERSEE# which did work. There are quite a few but I can't think of them all off the top of my head. Most of them do not work. :/

3. Fishies

Fishies New Member

in all my years of odyssey...

damn, thanks

4. Mycal

Mycal Staff Member

Really? I'll have to look into that.

5. TheCord

TheCord New Member

I think I'm wrong. I believe it was a scripting function that I was trying to use that wasn't working.