Besrix Users Start Here

Mycal

Staff member
If you wish to download and play Besrix now, attached to this post is an old version before the name change. Currently, no admin has access to the current source files. The only copies of anything we have are slightly outdated and it will be awhile before we can gain access to the newest ones. Besrix is the only exception, but at this time, the only copy available for download is from before the name change.

Besrix will be re-released sometime this week or next with it's most up to date features.

I know there is not much excitement to be had for a Tetris clone, but I personally love Tetris and it gets my mind moving and really helps stimulate my thought process. I created this for just this reason and thought some other fans might agree. If not, that's OK, but I guarantee you, Tetris WILL get your thought process rolling. Having problems writing a paper for school? Play a quick game of Besrix! Having problems coming up with a new idea for a novel? Play a quick game of Besrix! Can't figure out a bug in the software you're developing? Play a quick game of Besrix! Get my point? Anytime I have a hard time thinking, I play Besrix and it helps me get back on track.

Try it. You'll love it.

Don't like the sounds/music? Delete them. The game will still function normally but with no sounds. Next version will allow you to disable Sounds completely. But until then, take the easy way out and just delete them.

[EDIT 02/24/07] As the new main site is being built, I have been working on the background processes behind everything that will function with all of our games that we plan to offer. Besrix is, of course, no exception. So you can now find Besrix and the downloads that accompany it on its new home site here: http://besrix.burningstormstudios.com/ and as you can see, there is big plans for besrix too, and what you can't see, is that it ties more into the MORPG (missing an M, not a typo) than you would expect.

However, all support problems, feature requests, modifications, bug reports, etc still all belong in this forum. So post them here if you have any requests what-so-ever. And of course, have fun!

Mycal

Staff member
OK, slightly later than expected and there's a story behind that, but it's probably of no interest to anyone so I won't bother telling it.

Anyway, here's the new zip archive. This has a full changlelog that can also be found in a seperate post. From now on it will be included in the zip file as well as these forums. Also from now on after this post, I will no longer post in this topic about the new executable. I will upload it, and post a simple post saying the new file is up in place of the older one in the Changelog topic.

Enjoy!