Homepage news

Mycal

Staff member
Well, I've stated before that I hated how plain the news looked on the new layout and due to that fact, I decided to spruce up the news layout a little bit. For one, I added avatars to the post (so any admin who posts a news topic that does have an avatar will be clearly distinguishable on the homepage). Second, I changed up the layout a little.

So what do you think? Better or worse? Any additional changes needed (ignoring the archives, I'm still working on that)?

PS. I did forget to mention, I'm back in town. So....I'm back! I didn't win very much this trip though. Only came home $15 richer.

Mycal

Staff member
I knew I'd forget something. I also added the total views of a specific news item to the displayed information. You can see it clearly next to the comments.

A

Anonymous

Nice avatar, sorry for my absense, no excuse just college moving and internet connection trouble blah blah.

Mycal

Staff member
OK, I've laid a little tiny bit of groundwork for the archives. For now, you can simply click next/previous through them. I think for the archives, I'll do something a little simpler that what I originally planned, and I'll just list the topic titles in a dropdown box that will just jump you straight to that topic. That should be a lot easier and a lot faster to add than a full archive page. Though, we'll no longer need a new tab in the homepage for the archives..