Hosting Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mycal

Staff member
Well, the host answered my questions pretty fast. We have no upload limit if we upgrade from free. And if we upgrade from free we can host executable files.

Plus we get several extra features. So as of the time of this post. We have officially upgraded our package and are now using a paid host. If within 30 days I decide I don't like this host, we can get a full refund. So let's get to work shall we. Let's play with everything we will ever use and see if we can't find something wrong with this site.

Mycal

Staff member
OK, this webhost is very good whenever it is online. From my understanding, the problems they are currently having with our server are recent problems. They do not normally have this many problems and most people are extremely satisfied with their purchase.

Personally while playing with this server, I've only been able to find maybe 2 problems that were both resolved in a matter of days. So in terms of hosting, I believe this host is the way to go. Very cheap and has absolutely everything we need. In terms of uptime, I hope they resolve this problem, fast.

Otherwise, I completely recommend this host: Freehostia.com

They offer free webhosting which is fantastic for smaller projects. They do have a upload limit on free sites though. 50K. And you have no smtp support. But otherwise a fantastic free host. Bannerless, adless, and popupless. I strongly support their free hosting. Their paid hosting is pretty good as well. The cheapest plan works perfectly for our needs. It removes the upload limit adds smtp support and gives us MORE than enough space. We would have stayed free if we didn't need the upload limit removed.

In other news, I no longer support Staghosting's free web hosting. I used to think they were the best free domain hosting around, but the site has been down forever and now that's back up, they do not take it in the least bit seriously. Two thumbs down.

Last webhost review. Awardspace. Terrible...just terrible. Uptime is fantastic, but overall terrible. They do not have an upload limit on their free sites, but all mail functions are disabled completely crippling any and all forum software that uses e-mail activation. They do not offer very much space or bandwidth and the site is tremendously slow. Stay away from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.