Odyssey !

mop

Super surprised to see http://www.odyonline.com/ when I searched for Odyssey in google. Even more surprised to see someone talking in forums related to Odyssey in the last year!

What's up with Odyssey these days? Last time I tried to play, only Odyssey Classic was really going. That seems dead now. I always preferred the original Odyssey anyways.

Mycal

Staff member
Welcome!

What's up with Odyssey these days? Not much to be perfectly honest. I got the last source code from Steverino from before he quit. I attempted to revive Odyssey only to find much of his code doesn't work on Windows Vista+. So I fixed some of the major issues and started a complete code rewrite. This is taking longer than anticipated since I have some major changes that I wanted to implement like a unified login system and a web based registry. These solve two very large issues I had with the original codebase. The first being, you have to register an account with every server you play on (and give your password to a potential phishing server). The second being, the unreliable server registry. One that is web based should, in theory, be online as long as the website is online. Additionally, it's easier for me to administrate and is a virtual transparent change to the user.

Beyond that, the rewrite is going well and we should be nearing some public testing very soon.

By the way, we have an Odyssey specific forum so I moved this over to that forum.