Registry

Mycal

Staff member
Sorry everyone, I've been pretty busy, and haven't had enough time to finish up the server registry. So temporarily, I've brought up the old version. When the time comes to switch over to the new registry, I will send out a mass message and your accounts will automatically be moved over to the new registry, so no worries there.

jmess33

my server connects to the server registry but when i try to join without the private connector it just freezes?

SSAnthony

When I try and join my server through the server registry, I get to the point were i pick my server then hit okay but i get a Run - Time error 75 Path/File access error,,,how can this be fixed?

Mycal

Staff member
Sorry, registry went down again over the past week. My server died and I didn't notice until yesterday then forgot to throw up the registry again. It is now back up and running though, hopefully without future outages.

Runtime error 75 means a file is missing somewhere. I assume this came from Odyssey itself since the new updater wouldn't give such a generic message. Make sure you have downloaded all files (easiest way is to just delete version.dat).

Not sure why the private connector doesn't work, are you using the one builtin to the client, or the old private connector? The old private connector is looking for ody.bin and not ody.exe which could explain it.

TheCord

Mycal said:
Runtime error 75 means a file is missing somewhere. I assume this came from Odyssey itself since the new updater wouldn't give such a generic message. Make sure you have downloaded all files (easiest way is to just delete version.dat).

I tried deleting the version.dat and I still get Runtime error 75 :/. Personally, the private connector as been working fine though.

Mycal

Staff member
This is a fairly delayed announcement, but my windows home server is dead so the registry has been down for a few months. I've tried opening the vb6 Odyssey code a few times to start porting the registry code to the new registry, but I lose motivation everytime visual basic crashes. So I am probably going to give up on that front.

I may try to write something really quick over the upcoming weekend to bring it up on my debian server, but I wouldn't bank on it. I don't have Mono installed on that server and would rather not since I would need to take the server down for awhile and there are services I need always on on the server. So, I would have to write it in another language that has linux support. Probably Java since I never bothered to learn Python. I guess now would be a good time...