Server Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mycal

Staff member
I'm sure no one really cares about this, but its been a heck of an ordeal to get it running.

I finally have my server computer fully running. I have been struggling to find a way to get the server to go through our router's hardware firewall while at the same time preventing unwanted access into it. This router, with all of its wonderful features and lightning fast speeds, sure has its downsides in not being very user friendly. Its got enough documentation and support topics on what I have been trying to accomplish, but there are so many ways to do it, its hard to tell which one I really needed.

However, the computer is now fully working and I can access it wherever I go through RDC (remote desktop connection). I may give admin access to that in the future, but I don't see the point right now.

What does this mean for Burningstorm Studios? Well it means that I can now run the game server on this computer 24/7 as well as redirect all web traffic back to our main page since there are some curious people out there. And, it also means, I can setup an ftp account for all admin to access certain files that I would rather keep off of this server. Good news all around!

Status
Not open for further replies.