Site Offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mycal

Staff member
I apologize for this, starting next week, the site may be offline indefinitely. I am awaiting a letter from PayPal so that I can unlimit my account, but until then, the webhost will have a freeze on our account until we renew payment. As soon as I receive the letter, I can renew payment immediately, and since the host is already processing the transaction, I cannot simply use a creditcard over PayPal, nor can I ask any other admin to pay and I'll just repay them. So, if the site goes offline, we'll just have to wait until I receive my letter.

During this time, a backup site will be put online at http://ww2.mushroomgames.com:8080/forum/ but it will not be up until this site is offline.

[EDIT] Since this is front page news. I thought it needed that, this is now no longer true. Please click the comments link for more info.

Mycal

Staff member
Obviously, this has been averted. I contacted the host and was able to cancel the payment through paypal and instead use my credit card.

However, I was notified today that there will be some downtime while the servers are worked on. Here is the message with a few things removed (name, telephone, customer number, etc).

We are pleased to inform you that we will be installing new hardware on the core switches that are used by the webserver that hosts your account. In order for these upgrades to be performed the server will be disconnected from the Internet for approximately one hour.

Due to the magnitude of the upgrades which will occur across all core switches, altering the underlying technology that our data center infrastructure is built upon, our normal redundant mechanisms can not be used. The redundant systems have to be concurrently upgraded along with the live systems.

Afterwards, you will benefit from increased router capacity across our whole network and infrastructure.

The upgrade can take up to an hour and will occur on October 24, 2008, sometime between 12 am and 6 am Central Time.

During this upgrade, your website will not be online for approximately one hour. Writing and editing of files in your web space will not be possible.

Please be sure to make any changes to your web space before October 24, 2008. Depending on how frequently your site is updated, you may find it useful to post a notice on your website telling visitors or to inform web-based application users that your site or service will not be available during this time.

If you have any questions or concerns before or after this process, please don't hesitate to contact us.​

Status
Not open for further replies.