Vista

Mycal

Staff member
Does anyone here actively run windows vista? I had thought I would just wait until Windows 7 came out, but I've come across a nice link recently. Look under additional products. That's a pretty nice discount I think. So I wanna hear on some people's overall opinion on the operating system. I've heard the negative of people who've only tried it or have simply restated what they've heard, but since I haven't had real hands on time with it yet, I don't know anything about it for sure.

So in your total honest opinion, if you actively run windows vista, would you recommend it? What don't you like about it? Have you run across any programs that you love that just won't work?

steven

Administrator
I run it, only thing I could complain about is getting used to it. I knew everything about Windows XP, so naturally I am going to like it more. I have never not been able to run anything and all problems I have encountered were easily fixed by a search of google. I think it was like Facebook, they got a new layout and everyone cried because they didnt know EXACTLY where everything was anymore, after you learn how to use Vista its not bad at all. I have no issues with it.

krum

I have had some issues with it, that were a bitch to fix, so I decided to wait for them to work out all the big bugs before I use it, so about 6 more months and I think I am ready for use.

I dislike how much it needs to run...

other than that I think it's TOO pretty, but then again I am not sure if you could go classic or not, but that could speed it up a lot.

other than that, no problems with vista.

DJPieSlice

I've been using Vista for quite a while.

I don't see what's so bad about it . . . I find it much much much better than XP.

Sure, getting used to it is probably the main problem, but was XP so different when it first came out?

PS: Yes, you can go classic with it. and it is very ugly.

Mycal

Staff member
Well, I've thought a lot about it, and while I would love to try it out, with Windows 7 currently slated for a release in 2009 (no specific quarterly deadline as of yet), I think I'll hold off.