April 1 - Problems with Demo

Mycal

Staff member
Ignore that it is April Fool's Day. Seriously. I am not going to do any pranks today simply because I don't feel very good. 100% Serious. No Jokes! Got it?

It appears that the new Demo doesn't work on all systems out of the box. I'm not sure why just yet, but I have uploaded an edited version that will give a message box with details about errors and then just end. I did this so that I could test on my win98se test image (virtual machine on my home computer), but because we had storms yesterday (tornado sirens went off everywhere, ping-pong size ball hail, etc) my computers/server at home lost power, and with the bad UPC, neither shut off properly, nor did they stay online after the power went out. I have been told that the power has yet to return so until it comes back online and I can get someone to restart the computers, I can't further examine the problem.

So, if someone who uses the new demo (re-download if you have downloaded before today) can tell me what module/procedure is causing the problem, please post here or in the support forum with details of the messagebox and I'll look into it again.