Development Update - Feb 25, 2011

Mycal

Staff member
[Odyssey Update]
Small update tonight. I've finished up most of the major work on the server now, it does all the major communications with the registry just fine, just lacks error messages. Anyway, it is ready for an initial release now, but I haven't finished the changes to the Updater. Honestly, that shouldn't take too long, but I spent the better part of the day tracking down a bug with server name/description and another with improper offline notifications.

I'll finish up the Updater sometime this weekend if I can find time or by the latest on Tuesday. I'll also make the updater register the new URL protocol to make joining a server from the website possible. Finally, before I release, I want to take a look into speeding up connection speeds with the updater. It is very slow and can seem unresponsive at times. I should be able to speed it up a little or at the very least make it show that it is working and not just hung.

There are no major bugfixes in this next release, but I promise I'll look into them soon.
[hr=#000000]1[/hr]
[BSGame Update]
Nothing new..no development the past few weeks..