June 07, 2008 - Title?

Mycal

Staff member
Well, I have finished a lot of changes to the map format for several of the new features needed on the World Editor. While doing so, I realized I forgot to add encryption/compression to maps whenever saving/loading. However, since maps should only be stored on the demo and the world editor side, I don't think this is really that bad of thing. So I'm not going to add encryption or compression to the maps. The map cache will still have them, so that users will not be bloated with map data though.

Anyway, with those changes made and working (I think), I'm still adding to the world editor and testing as I go. I may have the main new features out of the way and ready by the end of the week. Doesn't mean that everything will work 100%. They would still need to be tested properly on the Demo.

So here's my agenda for the week. I'll post in this thread throughout the week as I finish things just to keep you updated :).
- All Tile Properties
-- Testing tile properties
- Selection tool
-- Selection tool map changes (ensure that all changes to maps will work with selected area, etc)
[st]- Make all necessary changes to the drawing methods[/st]
-- [st]Tinting[/st]
-- [st]Shifts[/st]
-- [st]Mirrors[/st]
-- [st]Translucency[/st]
-- [st]Rotation[/st]
[st]-- Depth level[/st]
- Work on an efficient way to display per tile information to the user (Low Priority)
- Find an efficient way to both check that a user has authorization to use the program while keeping offline editing intact. (Low Priority)
- Make all necessary changes to the demo
-- Test all new functions on demo.
- Once everything is working properly, GUI cleanup (Low Priority)

Developers, once most of this is done, I'll post a Beta version of the world editor to play with. Demo beta will follow.

steven

Administrator
Fix the homepage when you geta chance champ, I am pretty sure you're the one who brizoke it.

Mycal

Staff member
Funny how it broke long after I made that change...anyway, make sure you update your local copies of index.php and news.php.

Mycal

Staff member
Updated to show that most drawing routines have been updated to work with the above changes.

In addition, I found and fixed a bug with drawing proper rotations. For some reason, DX8 doesn't like me calculationg the rotation in the vertex.x/y values ie(Wrong: [st]vertex(index).x = calculations[/st]. Right: x1 = calculations, vertex(index).x = x1) Strange, since both X variables are singles and there is no difference at all in the calculations. Oh well it works properly now and that's what matters.

Next is the selection tool.

Mycal

Staff member
Almost done. Just working on finishing the selection tool and finishing up property changes using it. After that, I'll go ahead and upload and then work on cleaning things up. Attributes are kind of broken right now though.