March 28 - Update

steven

Administrator
Yeah BR I know damn well this was the laziest way possible to let everyone know but sorry I was in a hurry.

(5:50:05 PM) bigredpk: hm, now that I say that, I seem to have found an interesting idea to try..rather than encrytping/compressing each file then packing them, maybe packing them all then encrypting/compressing the packed file..
(8:53:20 PM) bigredpk: ok, you can disregard those last IMs
(8:53:43 PM) bigredpk: I got it working great with just encrypting the pack rather than each individual image in the pack :D
(8:55:05 PM) bigredpk: I mentioned this on my dev blog, but I want to make sure that you see this so, the next step is, I'm lowering the size of the maps from 30x30 to the size of the screen (18x12 or vice versa).
(8:55:21 PM) bigredpk: since we are using scrolling maps, there is no need for huge maps which just slow down the game
(8:55:45 PM) bigredpk: on the world editor, I'll make sure it acts just like the client and shows them all simultaneously next to each other
(8:56:43 PM) bigredpk: so after site maintanence tomorrow, I'll go ahead and upload the new version of the demo without the changes to the mapsize
(8:57:37 PM) bigredpk: could you pass this along to the other dev team when you get a change?
(8:57:40 PM) bigredpk: chance*
(8:58:05 PM) bigredpk: just wanted to give an update, since the forums are moving way too slow for me to make the posts there...

Mycal

Staff member
Thank you!

Oh and, Demo 7.0 released. E-mail functions now working perfectly on the board (everyone should have received a mass e-mail about the release of Demo 7.0 by now). Board = fast. Etc Etc. Tired.......G'NITE EVERYONE!