No progress right now.

Mycal

Staff member
See viewtopic.php?f=6&p=280 for more details.

Many of the things I have previously done are likely to be reworked because of all the wonderful suggestions and comments our new developers are giving.

However, as of now, what has been done on my end (programming):
- Simple World Editor for the dev team
- Simple Connections from server<->client
- Basic encryption/compression on everything (some packets, all subfiles to this project)
- Basic character and npc animation
- Basic fighting system
- Basic leveling system

The last 2 need to be reworked, but not immediately. However, according to feedback from Krum & Steven, the animations are very bad right now. They need to be reworked entirely before anything new happens. Krum, I'll need to talk extensively with you on this with all your suggestions on how to fix this.

So next on the agenda, is getting my computer finished so I can test to ensure everything works correctly on the new system. Then animations, and then basic item and spell implementation.

Mycal

Staff member
OK, I am extremely lazy, so in an effor to get me to actually do something, I've decided to sort through my many backups and sources to determine which is the most recent and either delete or move all the others into a different folder.

So if you want to help encourage me, pester me through e-mail or IM to actually do something. I should be active on IM again soon. Hehe, funny story. When I first installed pidgin on this comp again, I forgot to enable the start on system startup plugin and have just thought it was running. Well, I realized this finally, and turned it back on. Well one day I set it offline because I wanted to test my speed with minimum transfers. Well even though the program starts automatically, it starts up offline since I forgot to turn it back online...Only me right?