September 20, 2010

Mycal

Staff member
So my laptop is at 57 mins battery left. Random note for the day.

I am still working on figuring a better solution for the big problems that I've stumbled across. Or to better phrase, I just today started re-thinking on how to solve these big problems. I am pretty sure this solution will work, but I do not think it will be very user friendly for developers. We'll see, but in the coming days, I plan on finishing this up and uploading the first alpha version of the world editor to the forums for dev access. You guys can comment, complain, etc on it, if you ever visit this site again..

I can't see when people check out the source, but I can see who commited last and was last edited. Considering the last edits were done by me, I'm assuming Krum and Steven still haven't been back here lately. So, I'm not sure if you guys have abandoned this project (which I wouldn't blame you if you had), but perhaps its time I assumed that you have left.

Anyway, once I have a nice little working demo again, I'm going to start poking around and see if I can't generate some interest from both you guys, and some outside help. There are many game development sites out there, and I'm sure there is someone out there who may want to join the team. I am considering going open-source more and more lately. My only concern is that, the goal here is to create an actual working game, not a game engine.

One final note, also in the coming days, since the rest of our development team has disappeared, I will begin writing in the development board the story for this game. I have an idea that I think can dramatically change things up in the ORPG world. I think I've mentioned this before, but I really think this is the best way for implementing a story into a MMORPG or just an ORPG. Where the many others out there have failed, I think this idea gives us a chance to succeed. Only time will tell though.

Oop, professor just noted an important slide and I don't have my notes open, so for a side note for myself, Slide 14 (slide 15 is division in SQL).