Short update - July 20, 2012

Mycal

Staff member
Ugh, I've gone about 2 years without getting sick and then I catch a cold, in summertime. I've been sick since last Friday (13th) and slowly getting better.

Anyway, apparently I broke our Redmine instance last week. I'm having problems getting it back online, mainly due to I don't know anything about ruby or ruby on rails. I hope to get this back up and running over the weekend and get that priority list out. Although, I may evaluate other software too, perhaps something in PHP that won't die when I try to upgrade the software (like Redmine and Trac both did).

My only issue with most issue tracking software is that they are more bug tracking than anything. I want milestone capability as well, so I can attach issues to a specific milestone/release. That's what I liked about the previous two attempts at the software. I also liked the projects aspect of Redmine so we could host more than one project.

I think I'll just buy the starter license for JIRA. It's cheap and does everything I need it to do (I use it at work) and we don't have more than 10 Devs..