Situation

Mycal

Staff member
Ok, I'm not sure how many of you are aware of my situation, so let me just make this post here and be done with it. Before last year, I lived with my Mom. Last year I moved in with my Dad in order to goto a school closer to his house. At the end of last semester he kicked me out and I was forced to go back home to my mother's. Of course, during the time I was living with my dad, she moved out and moved to the country (1.5 hours away from the city and my school). I have been living with her since the beginning of summer. Being in the country, the internet out there sucks. It's fast, but very unreliable. It drops consistently everyday for several hours.

Because of the situation, I've been taking odd-and-end jobs as they come available to me. Over the summer I made grand total of $300 (WOW A LOT AMIRITE!?). Anyway, I have no vehicle (accident 2 years ago and I've not had the money to purchase anything or fix it), and just ran out of my already paid for tuition for classes. My mother was laid off 2 years ago and my dad is on the verge of losing his. I am on Financial Aid for classes now, but am still really screwed with transportation/living. Currently hitching a ride with different family members on their daily trek to the city to goto work. I can't exactly fit a job in with this crappy class schedule nor can I afford to live on my own/buy a car.

So, I have had no motivation for anything really. I am trying very hard to find a solution to this situation, but until then, I wouldn't expect much from me. I will be uploading the most recent source I have to the dev forum soon (though I'm not positive on how soon given my bad memory track record). Honestly, I'm not sure what the last thing I did was, nor what the last language I was working with was so I'll just throw it all in a package together. It'll probably be pretty large so be warned about that.

If anyone wants to take over programming for awhile, you are welcome to it. I can offer assistance when needed.

I've thought several times about just throwing all the code I have out and starting fresh again, but that's probably not a good idea. It's just a long and slow process converting from one language to another, but it is necessary in our case. We can't keep the code in VB6.0 anymore. It's old, outdated, and unsupported. Hell, I can't even get anything I've made in the past to work properly under Vista without major modifications or installing many additional files. Who knows the problem that will surface under Windows 7. Anyway, enough with this little rant. I either started converting to VB.NET or C# (using VS.NET 2008 Pro). Can't remember which. I also started converting to Managed DX, then to XNA 3.0, then back to Managed DX, to who knows where. I can't remember or may have just thrown it all out, who knows. So knowledge of all the above is probably needed.

Contact me at: [email protected] if you are interested in taking over programming temporarily. Devs, you are all free to take over or try to recruit someone to take over I don't care which. I hate to leave you guys high and dry, but I just can't work on this anymore without some programming assistance. I can write out all the specifications that I've planned for this project on request.