The Burningstorm Studios IRC Channel (#burningstormstudios)

Discussion in 'News and Announcments' started by Fledge, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fledge

Fledge New Member

This post may have been edited by users other than Fledge.
    Thus, please do not assume that everything in this post was necessarily written by Fledge.

*Edits by BigRed in Green

This sticky is to inform users of the forums about the IRC channel.
    Host: irc.QuakeNet.org ( http://www.quakenet.org/ )
    Channel: #burningstormstudios
    Key: N/A
    Purpose: Quick support and general chat about BS:S

If you are new to IRC, then here is a quick guide to get you started. First you will need a client. The most popular by far is mIRC, however there are some others out there. I personally use Pidgin (formerly Gaim) in order to connect. I like to have the all-in-one client so it only makes sense for me to keep it together. Anyway, since I do not currently have mIRC installed, perhaps another admin will update this post with instructions.

=[ QUICK START GUIDE FOR PIDGIN ]=

Anyway, if you want to learn more about IRC or mIRC, I highly recommend the mIRC guides.

Chanlev Access Flags List:
    v flag
    The voice flag gives the user access to get voice and an invite from L

o flag
    The op flag gives the user access to get op and voice from L

a flag
    The a flag in combination with o or v gives auto-op or auto-voice
    ao = auto-op av = auto-voice aov = auto-op

g flag
    The g flag in combination with v gives auto-voice
    vg = auto-voice ovg = auto-voice with access to get op from L aovg = auto-op

m flag
    The master flag gives the user access to add/change/remove someone’s access level
    Masters can only add/remove ‘v o a g’ flags
    Masters cannot change any flags for other users with +m or +n

n flag
    The owner flag gives the user COMPLETE control of the channel.
    Any owner is allowed to add/remove any other user, including other owners

Current Chanlev:
    NOTE TO ALL MASTERS AND OWNERS: EDIT THIS PART OF MY POST WHEN MAKING CHANGES TO THE CHANLEV
    Comments by Fledge: Note the unnecessary three ownerships. I left them there, because I felt that it was not my decision to demote myself or choose between either Solectral or BigRedPK. I left that decision in their capable hands. However, it is probably more efficient, so long as we trust each other, to leave it the way it is. Also, Miklotov was granted auto-op recently. That was my decision.

2. Mycal

Mycal Staff Member

Just FYI, I gave you my auth back whenever L was requested, but was never added to the chanlev. Ownership can either go to me or Steven, or even stay with you. Frankly I don't care, however, I'm not even an op on the channel because I was never added.

3. Fledge

Fledge New Member

I can only add you to the chanlev, as far as I know, while you are both online and authed. Otherwise, it considers "BigRedPK", or any authname I use that isn't currently online and authed, to be an unknown user.

4. Mycal

Mycal Staff Member

Yea, I work during the day and get home around 6:00 PM CST (2 hours from now), but otherwise I am usually online.

5. Fledge

Fledge New Member

We probably need a page with everyone's rough online schedules done up in GMT. (I say that only because GMT is neutral. I am in EST.)

6. steven

steven Administrator

I am also EST.

7. Mycal

Mycal Staff Member

Okey Dokey, I can do that.

I am unavailable the following times:
    Mon-Fri: 1:30pm GMT - 11:00pm GMT. (8:30am CST - 6:00pm CST or for you two 9:30am EST - 7:00pm EST)
    Sat. I am usually available during the day, but it is always changing so I can't give a time estimate.
    Sun: 2:00pm GMT - 7:00pm GMT ... 10:00pm GMT - 1:00am GMT (9:00am CST - 2:00pm CST ... 5:00pm CST - 8:00pm CST or for you two 10:00am EST - 3:00pm EST ... 6:00pm EST - 9:00pm EST)

Good enough? Come the fall, my schedule changes dramatically. Plus I will only have this current job until the end of the summer.

Feel free to move this post to a new topic if you anyone makes a separate topic for this.

8. Firestorm

Firestorm New Member

I should be sporadically active. Have to get my password for my new build. So I can be authed on quakenet.

9. Mycal

Mycal Staff Member

Somewhere along the line, this channel died. Well, I reopened the channel and already have gotten Q back into it. I should be in the channel everyday as long as my computer doesn't reboot randomly (been known to do that, THANKS WINDOWS UPDATE! :D). I'm also testing a bot out for the counter-strike servers I'm hosting. This is only true when I'm not running windows 7 though. I should be on regardless.

10. Mycal

Mycal Staff Member

Quick-start guide added for Pidgin. Also updated chanlev list. Since no one has been on for awhile, everyone has been removed. Once you join and send me a quick message, I can re-op you. However, since there is a list of previous admin, I will also require you to type a message in the dev forums.

11. Mycal

Mycal Staff Member

The IRC channel is dead for now. I'll open this topic back up if and when we open up a channel again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.