Development Update - March 02, 2014

Mycal

Staff member
This is a couple of days late since I apparently saved it, not submitted.

I'm having a lot of problems with the network code for some reason. I know I've tested and used this in the past, but I'm having a very hard time keeping connections alive. For some reason, the client randomly disconnects after ~5 minutes. I haven't figured out why, but I get the feeling I'm going to have to dig into the lidgren library to figure it out. I am using a version packaged with Monogame, so maybe I'll replace it with the latest binaries from the website and try again. But for now, just wanted to give an update where I am at.

I also somehow missed the Player database model. I created all models save for the Player. I have no idea why. I was trying to connect to a local server and just kept getting weird results when loading the player and apparently that's because I didn't bother to create the model :p. Silly me.

While I'm on the subject, just a quick reminder about accounts. As of right now, all player accounts are created and logged in using our login server (similar to how minecraft works). Local accounts for private servers do not exist right now. I will eventually add them, but for now, players must be registered via our login servers. Also, we do have a master ban list that all servers will check against. If I have permabanned you on any of my servers in the past, your ban has been carried over into the master banlist. I will eventually create a sub-forum where you can dispute your bans, but I have pretty good notes on why I permabanned you so you'll have to be really good at convincing me.