Is this seriously still a thing?

Mycal

Staff member
Yes, sort of. The registry is offline right now, vb6 doesn't play nice on my x64 server. I can probably get it to work, but the vb6 code is very buggy in general on Windows 7. However, I've been rewriting the entire game in C#, slowly, with some big changes planned.

I haven't heard from you in a long time Grimmy. We should catch up sometime.

QBcrusher

cool, you should probably try to get it done sometime soon though, since remote is releasing the source for classic

Mycal

Staff member
The classic code is already publicly out there. It's not terribly hard to find. But it'll suffer the same problems we're having. VB6 is a dead language and entirely unsupported by Microsoft. It's possible to get it to work, but debugging is near impossible on x64 machines. Virtual machines work, but you can't run the client if it's a directx version. Though I don't think the classic code has directx support. Is he releasing the version he developed off of, or the the version he currently has?

Did bugaboo really make a comeback and join remote? That seems odd to me. Remote is also known as BattleBob right? It seems odd that they would join forces since BattleBob was such a huge pain in the ass back in the day.

TheCord

Mycal said:
Did bugaboo really make a comeback and join remote? That seems odd to me. Remote is also known as BattleBob right? It seems odd that they would join forces since BattleBob was such a huge pain in the ass back in the day.

I had the same reaction. As far as I know Bugaboo was helping remote for a little, but I don't think he stuck around very long. Although I wasn't an extremely avid Classic player so I'm not entirely sure.

Alpha

Yes they teamed up for a little while, but it didn't last long at all. Yes remote is BattleBob. And remote will soon be releasing the newest version of Odyssey Classic, so it is the code he built for years, not the old cruddy bug-infested source code. Should be a treat to mess with.

TheCord

That sounds quite odd to me.

I just don't see that being something remote would do. But I will definitely enjoy it.