Registration broken

steven

Administrator
A lot of people are complaining they cant register? Know anything about it Mycal? - or if there is a quick fix?

Mycal

Staff member
I don't know anything about it, but I'll take a look. I may have an idea of what's broken. I'll post here when I figure it out.

Mycal

Staff member
Alright, this should be resolved now. The antibot question was missing from the registration page making it impossible to register. I have added it to this template and changed the question. I just created a test user and it worked fine.

Mycal

Staff member
Alright, let's try this. I've removed the old anti-spam question since it was way too easy and added two custom profile options, that are still fairly easy, but should prove at least a little more difficult for a bot.

Mycal

Staff member
So that didn't work. Next try. I changed captcha plugins and blocked a crap ton of robots in robots.txt. Let's see how this works for a little while. I've also added post validation so all posts are checked against Spamhaus. Hopefully that helps to cut down on spam as well.

I've also pruned all users with 0 posts. Hopefully that will clean up timebomb spammers.

Mycal

Staff member
Alright. Apparently our anti-spam mod was so good, it was preventing anybody from registering ;). This should be fixed now.

Also, somewhere between December and now, mail from all domains broke. This should also be fixed. If you aren't receiving an e-mail you are expecting, please check your spam filter and if it's not there, re-send the activation via the login page.

You should be receiving the mail from: webmaster at this domain, or mailuser at this domain.